PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Foodie Adventure: Five Guys Burgers and Fries

A Great Food Update

 


 

Thursday September 20th Siyani and I decided to head up to West Kelowna (although I still call it Westbank) to look at buying a laptop for our trip to Australia. We stopped in at Future Shop and after an hour of looking and two sales people, CC was still having trouble committing to the piece of technology.
 
Thankfully for me deciding on a computer is harder for him then committing to me for the rest our lives. Buying a laptop, tough choice, asking a girl to marry you, no problem.
 
All joking aside, I was getting tired and pretty hungry so we decided to split a burger at this place across the parking lot. Five Guys Burger and Fries. We have driven past this place a number of times and always commented on we should we try it out.

 
Now that we have less than 6 weeks left in the country, we are trying to "do" more and not just say "one day". I am so glad that we tried this place out. Not only was the food amazing, like burgers don't taste like this anymore amazing, but the staff were beyond awesome.
Let’s start with the food. The burger was huge, it fed both me and CC. The taste was everything you would imagine a classic diner burger to taste like. It wasn't this miss-mash of flavor, they put their burgers together so well you actually taste each element working together. Again the size, like I said, it fed both me and CC and we were full after. Talk about portion overload (but in the best way) and it continues throughout the whole experience. We also ordered fries, but you don't just get fries here, you get a wide range of choices and we went with the Cajun flavor. I watched the girl pack up our bag and thought she was making a mistake, not only did she put our container of fries in, but then she filled the bag with the rest of the basket. I almost couldn't find the burger under all the fries. That’s what you get at Five Guys, every time you get a whole basket of fries.
 
Now to the experience, I don't think we have ever had so much fun at one place (except for the time at Montana's Cookhouse where they gave the boys helmets with antlers and they almost started a head-butting competition). CC and I walked in and were deciding on which burger to get, I said "Why don't we get the Bacon Cheese Burger with everything" and CC replied with "You want both A-1 and BBQ sauce". I shot him an eye roll and said "No, when you order "loaded" it comes with all the black lettered stuff, the red letters are extra free ones you can add." The guy waiting to take our order laughed and said "You know the menu better than most, you could take my job."
I offered to input our order into the till and he said if I could figure it out I had a job. So I leaned forward, he turned the till towards me and I put it in. After working at McDonald's and Tim Horton's, tills aren't a very big mystery to me but the guy was still impressed and offered me a job twice more, while another guy said I was so good he was going for his break. The rest of the night went awesome, we laughed with them and really enjoyed our food.
 
The biggest thing that impressed me though was how every time a customer left someone always remembered to say "Thanks, have a great night" Not a single person left without hearing those words.

 
Great Staff, Great food, Best Burger experience in Westbank.

 
Oh ya, on the other side of this post, CC finally did decide on a laptop. Now we have a Sony Vaio. Nice, easy to use, lightweight, perfect for our big adventure.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment