PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 8, 2012

First Few Aussie Days

We Made It

Thursday, November 8th


So here we are, in Australia, in Mackay and it is wonderful. The flight from L.A. to Brisbane was 13 hours and turbulent. I got a bit of sleep and Siyani got even less. We were both very thankful for all the movie choices we had on the flight. It was a full plane, so the ability to snag an empty row to stretch out on was non existent. We arrived Tuesday, November 6th at 4:10 pm into Mackay after a 6 hour wait in Brisbane airport. As we got off the plane it was very clear we were tired as both Siyani and I walked right past Taija and Rowan. As we were collecting our bags, Rowan then informed us that not only was it meeting night, but it was also the CO visit, we had 3 hours to get home, eat, shower, find clothes and head out to the meeting. 


It was great though, even being so tired (Siyani was literally nodding off). The brothers welcomed us warmly ( this is a new congregation even for me) and I was so happy to see that the CO was Brother Kuvanst. He was serving the Bowen congregation when I was here back in 2010/2011 and it really goes to show just how hard these brothers work to get to know us because even though he didn't remember my name he did recognize me and was happy to see me again and to meet Siyani. It was also such a great thing to go to this CO visit for one very big reason. The first time I ever traveled on my own, my dad said to watch for how similar the meetings are because our unity is seen in even the finite details. Brother Twan came to visit the Summerland congregation before Siyani and I left and his talk was about sacrifices. Brother Kuvanst gave the exact same talk, same scriptures, as he spoke I could hear Brother Twan speaking at the same time. It was really special to experience that. 

Wednesday not much happened as both Siyani and I slept and we went to the mall with Taija to get containers so that the over taking of the living room could be contained. I also got sick but thanks to Rowan I got over it quickly. 

Now for the little bit of the blog post that I promise is not bragging (ok maybe a little bit, but not in a mean way) Check out the pics below to see a little snapshot of life in Australia. 



Just Chillin'
The view from the hammock

Breakfast: Fresh mango, water melon and golden honey dew enjoyed in the hammock outside.




Taija washing the Supra




6 comments:

  1. Well kids, the travel bug gets me worked up every time. So, what why where . . . . you know etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What: Moved to Australia
      Where: Mackay Queensland
      Why: Something different in life while we have the ability to try it out

      Delete
  2. Sweet enjoy the sunshine while we battle winter and rain. Has it been a bit of a culture shock for Siyani?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not really a shock, he is really loving it, the heat will be interesting but for now he is having a blast

      Delete
  3. miss u guys but i'm happy that you guys are having fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you to trina, love you tons baby girl

      Delete